Natural Stress Reducers Help You Cope
Since life is filled with various causes for anxiety, you are probably looking for some stress reducers to help you cope. Do not think that you have to take some kind of heavy narcotic to help you through your stress though. There are things that do provide you with natural stress relief. Remember that anxiety triggers you body to react in a normal way when it perceives a threat. Did you know that many times, you can make your stress worse by the way you deal with it. Below are some things that will help to reduce stress.
Natural Ways to Deal with Stress
You need to first understand that you can control your reaction to stress to a certain extent. The more control you are in the less stress will adversely affect you. So learn added skills if need be to deal with stress. Figure out what your stressors are first and then you will know better how to choose stress reducers to help you.
Once you figure out where you stress is coming from figure out what helps relax you naturally without any heavy medications. Some suggestions for natural stress relief are below:
1. Spend some time with someone special. This is a great way to reduce stress. Go out to eat with them or do some other fun activity together. Even sitting and talking with them about what has you feeling anxious can lower your stress levels.
2. Do deep breathing exercises a few minutes each day. If your life is very stressful, do this off and on throughout your day. You can even do this when you are feeling stressed over talking to a crowd of people or other situation that makes for anxiety.
3. Learn meditation because it will not only help you relax, but teaches you how to focus on the positive. When you are in a positive state of mind stressers do not seem as overwhelming to you as when you are in a negative frame of mind. Meditation has been used for years for relaxation purposes. Do this on a regular basis for the best results, at least once a day if not more.
4. Do something special for yourself on a regular basis. Whether it is having your hair done, reading a good book or buying yourself a treat, these are good stress busters also.
5. Take a walk. Even a nice brisk walk is great for burning off the nervous energy that stress causes. Make sure while you are walking, though, to think positive thoughts. Being positive calms you down, negativity does not.
6. Practice not getting angry at things. Many people go through life mad at things that happen to them. Living like this will cause you nothing but stress. It does not matter whether you get mad at rude people or bad drivers, try not getting angry anymore and just let it go.
7. Another one of the stress reducers that is effective is exercising of any kind. The more strenuous workouts will burn off more stress. One fun thing to do is put on boxing gloves and you imagine that your problems are the punching bag. Beat the bag until you come to grips with your stresses. This works believe it or not. You have just finished a good cardio workout too, which is good for your health.
8. Only take on what you can handle calmly. Many times, you overload yourself with too many tasks at one time. This tip will bring good natural stress relief.
9. Many times your stress is just about not managing your time wisely. Learn time management techniques. There are plenty of websites online to find information on them. Through managing your time better, you will get more accomplished which will lessen your stress.
10. Shot! Why don't you check out some of the other areas of The Baby Boomers Webplace? How about Baby Boomers Memories? Or check out Humorous Baby Boomer Characteristics. And...Stop and take the time to Share Your Own Thoughts on either of them or some other subject here at The Baby Boomers Webplace! Just get your mind off your stress at least for a while. Okay?
The above are all great stress reducers that will allow you natural stress relief. You can see that it is not that difficult to find some relief naturally. Of course, it depends on how severe your stressers are as to what methods of relieving anxiety will work for you.
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!
Where to go now?
All of the contents of this website is for informational purposes only. Should you chose to act on any information contained on this website or websites we link to without first consulting the appropriate counsel whether financial, legal, medical or otherwise; you will be acting on your own. Neither IT-BGC Information Services LLC nor any of it's members can be held responsible for any such action(s) on your part.
Solo Build It!
The Baby Boomer Times
Our Free Newsletter